Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bigupradio.com REGGAE JAMDOWN #4 feat Anthony B



The one and only Anthony B is this weeks special guest on Reggae Jamdown this Monday on Bigupradio.com. Hosted by veteran roots DJ Dub Cowboy in Humboldt County, California, the show will air Monday, November 3rd. Anthony B is one of the hardest working guys in the reggae business.Tune in to find out why so many people can't get enough of Anthony B! ONE LOVE

The show plays Monday November 3 2008 at 3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm EST (thats 12am, 6am, 12pm, and 6pm on the West Coast) on Bigupradio.com ROOTS

About ANTHONY B:

Born Keith Anthony Blair on March 31, 1976 in the rural sugar farming community of Clarkstown located in the northwestern Jamaican parish of Trelawny, Anthony B grew up in a deeply religious family. Singing hymns in church (as well as giving impromptu performances on the roadside in his community) helped Anthony refine his vocal skills. “My mother was an Adventist and my grandmother was a Revivalist, so I’d have to go to church both Saturday and Sunday,” he recalls. Anthony however, chose his own spiritual path, adopting the Rastafarian way of life as a teenager, a decision that caused dissension among his family members. “As a youth growing up, my grandmother say dem Rasta is a blackheart people and they said I had to leave if I didn’t trim (cut his dreadlocks). I wasn’t going to change so I went to live with my aunt and uncle in Portmore (a suburb of Jamaica’s capital city Kingston).”

Find out more: http://www.anthonyb.com

Here is the video version:

No comments:

Reggae Jamdown Podcast